Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bliss

Where to Start...
As the End of the day grows nearer, I sit in peace in my home away from home. As of right now I am working in Southern Idaho near a town called Bliss.... Now not to Judge a town.... But the actually city seems far from Bliss.... However as I drive into work down and back out the Malad River Gorge, The views are amazing. Having come across this beautiful, fertile little oasis after coming across the desert just amazes me. It is such a change of pace and scenery. Makes you realize some times in life you need to slow down and open your eyes to see the real beauty of it all. Driving through you catch all the rock formations carved out by the river over millions of years, as you carve through the canyon next to the river, the tiny water falls dropping hundreds of feet out from the desert floor above. The best part of the day is coming up onto the high mesa where I work on the other side, to crest the top and watch the sunlight play peekaboo through the clouds as it rises up from the ashes of yesterday. Yesterday is gone and today has arrived, yet tomorrow will soon be gone...... I have come to realize why they call this Oasis in the canyon Bliss, ID

1 comment: